Time is our most valuable resource - why not get best value out of the time you spend outside of the office meeting clients and prospects by setting up more meetings via LinkedIn?
If you have a meeting already confirmed in one city, you can now use the new LinkedIn App to set up other meetings in the same city very easily.
1. Open the App and type your search terms into the search field. For example, I typed in 'General Counsel.'
2. I chose the 'People with the title General Counsel' option from the word search list. LinkedIn then created a list of LinkedIn users with that title.
3. I clicked on the small filter icon in the top right corner (see image below) of the App page.
4. You can refine your search by connections, locations, current companies and/or industries - choose the filters you want to use and click on 'done.' I chose to filter by city.
5. The search tool provided a list of General Counsels located in Birmingham, UK - I could easily chose the ones I'd like to contact (tip: 2nd degree connections are best as they know someone you know as well).
6. Send them a customised invitation via the app (go to the profile of the person you'd like to meet and then click on the three dots in the top right corner to customise the invitation as shown in the attached image).
7. Follow up with a phone call and set up your meetings.
I hope you've found this blog helpful. Please do get in touch if you'd like to learn more about how LinkedIn can improve your business development activities.
A few weeks ago, we announced a brand new mobile experience to make it easier than ever to stay connected to your professional world. As part of this, we’ve evolved search in new and exciting ways. Whether you’re looking to learn more about someone before a meeting or exploring who in your network can help you find your next opportunity for 2016, using these search tips will make you more effective.