It's a whopping 160 pages long, but a must read for anyone interested in the mechanics of SEO.
According to the handbook, a high quality page requires
- A satisfying amount of high quality main content (MC)
- The page and website are expert, authoritative, and trustworthy for the topic of the page.
- The website has a good reputation for the topic of the page.
Additionally, the page and website should have:
- A good amount of information, such as About Us, Contact, or Customer Service Information
- Supplementary Content (SC) which contributes to a satisfying user experience on the page and website
- Functional page design which allows users to easily focus on MC and use SC as desired.
- A website which is well cared for and maintained
In other words, you should regularly update your website with expert commentary, and make sure it's easy to find. If only there were a tool that helped you achieve this....