Social Media London asked its #smlondon community for their 2016 predictions. We're chuffed of course that Rebecca Morgan from lawyerinthemaking.co.uk singled us out for praise, but it also makes for interesting reading.
Here are some of their predictions:
- Blab and Periscope will continue to grow
- Employee advocacy is going to be a bigger deal
- Video, video, video
- 'Buy now' buttons will start appearing on Instagram
- User experience will be at the forefront, with a 'back to basics' approach, seeing a reduction in apps and social media networks.
- Social media will increasingly become a 'pay to play' to field (we're already seeing that with Facebook).
So, what are your predictions?
My 2016 prediction for social media will be the growing use of platforms such as Passle where bloggers, companies and those just interested in reading the news/online articles can share with their social media following snippets of those articles and add their comments. There will be a growth in short form content such as this, but this will also enable bloggers and companies to write more frequently and build up their online presence as well as have a bank of articles they have liked and shared which they can develop into full length pieces.