This sounds like a nice way to spend two weeks! Snapping away on Instagram courtesy of Netflix.
In the B2B landscape Instagram has a role however a well defined strategy is required. Since returning from the home of Instagram here are my top tips to make this happen:
- Post content when users are online
- “Social Timing”. Like all popular social network the content is arranged chronologically. Prepare a few a/b tests. Timezones can make this difficult but start local and grow. Morning/lunch/evening would be a good start (remember your audience bed times vary!).
- Research popular accounts in your space and take note.
- Post regularly,
- A popular account in your niche will typically have an excellent frequency/quality of posting. You need to become a regular fixture in your audiences timeline.
- Creating a stock of content can help keep this sustainable.
- Prompt specific call-to-action in your posts
- Like any good piece of content use CTA’s. It might be tagging a friend or liking the image. Ask a question. Find out what your followers engage with.
- Take guidance and post the content that works
- If someone else is doing something well, take note and do it better.
- When you find your content works, repeat.
- Create a hashtag specific to your business
- A hashtag can make a positive contribution to your brand. It helps ensuring recognition. Businesses have been doing this well in advance of social media #justdoit
- Locate hashtags in your niche and use them
- Search for the most popular hashtags and use alongside your content. These are called “evergreens”.
- Caveat - only use hashtags associated with your topic not just because they are popular.
- Analyse popular posts
- Images with bright backgrounds perform better than dark backgrounds, similar for low saturation.
- DO NOT be unnatural but get the balance. Gut feeling is important here. The filters can easily turn you into a kid in a sweetshop.
- Interact with your followers
- Always thank or respond to any comments. It's basic manners and drives engagement.
- Like and comment on other users content you wish to be in the company of. Hashtags are not just for images!
- Take care with the quality of your profile
- Key point here is using the account to drive traffic. The ONLY link in Instagram that works is in your profile. Use it.
- Obvious but the profile image has to resonate across all platforms so ensure it is recognisable to any user.
- Be concise.
In addition, share to social networks as it drives traffic back to your account.
I am always interested in viewing accounts! You can find me on Instagram here: @instdk
If you’ve dreamed of traveling and getting paid for it, Netflix has the perfect job for you! And yes, it’s an actual job. Netflix is teaming up with Instagram to hire what they call “Grammasters” who will travel Europe and the Middle East to photograph the sets of popular Netflix Original shows and movies. It’s not a full-time job with salary and benefits, but the company will pay you $4,000 for the two-week gig. They will also cover all of your travel arrangements. To apply, hashtag your top three photos with #Grammasters3 on Instagram by Sunday.