Attached are the slides from my talk yesterday - slightly modified to be readable on Slideshare, which generally requires thicker and bigger font!
The five tactics I tackled were:
- Ghostwriting. Consider user-generated or expert-led content instead.
- Unpersonalised. A personal touch goes a long way, but try not to be creepy.
- Sticking to one channel. Don't make assumptions about where your audience hangs out - you might be surprised!
- Keywordfests. Write content for people, not search engines.
- It's not all about blogs. Recycle your content into other formats to extend its reach.
In fact I have applied this last point to my own talk, transforming it into a Slideshare, and now, a blog!
5 Content Marketing Trends to Avoid - Integrated Live Slides