A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of meeting Mo Bunnell, CEO of the Bunnell Idea Group and author of the book The Snowball System. Over quite a few drinks at the excellent Mr Foggs bar Mayfair, Mo explained a little about how he helps professional service experts to drive their business development. He explained how he gets lawyers, accountants and others in prof services who are not naturally inclined salespeople to build their businesses development in a way they are comfortable with.
In short the snowball system has these steps:
- Targeting - who are your ideal clients?
- Positioning - what makes you unique? Focus is key.
- Connect with prospects - get liked. Know the science behind this.
- Nurture, nurture, nurture - Move your prospects into clients and your clients in 'raving fans'.
We talked a lot about the habits and Cialdini's book: Influence. If you have not heard of Robert Cialdini check out these posts:
- Professor Robert Cialdini: The Science of Persuasion [video]
- I read this so you don't have to... 6 highlights from 'Influence' by Dr Robert Cialdini - read here
- Cialdini's 6 principles of influence: Liking - read here
I am booked onto Mo's course in October. Will write all about it. In the meantime, I recommend the book.
How to win more business and turn clients into Raving Fans. Grow your business without feeling like a sleazy salesman!