5 Critical Success Factors (CSF) for big data analytics projects from a leading practitioner- HOTELS.COM.
Analytics are too often the last thing project teams think of. A sort of add-on at the last minute. So a 6th CSF to make that big competitive advantage leap is to plan:-
- Who needs new insights- will they all get them?
- How best to share these insights with all users?
- Where do they need reporting- which devices & locations?
- Have we includes self-service analytics?
- Does the analytics include write-back to execute decisions as well as make them?
Regarding cost, time and organisational restraints, project leaders should always keep sight of long-term development to build a reliable, efficient and future proof platform which can be embedded in enterprise applications, work flows and work processes